Our Travel Info Pages
How to Get to Southsea Hoverport
Located on the UK South Coast, Southsea is the ideal passenger gateway to the Isle of Wight and is easily accessible from all parts of the country by road and rail.
Head to Portsmouth and onto the M27. Join the M275 and continue past the continental ferry port towards Portsmouth. Follow the signs for Isle of Wight ferries, Seafront and Historic Waterfront. From here on, follow the signs for the hovercraft.
Sat Nav / GPS
Southsea, Clarence Esplanade, Southsea, Portsmouth. PO5 3AD.
Southsea Parking Charges:
There is a large council operated pay and display car park opposite the hovercraft terminal - 'Southsea -The Esplanade' is a large council operated pay and display car park. It is situated directly opposite Southsea Hoverport with provision for long and short stay parking. Additional parking is available behind Clarence Pier funfair, adjacent to Southsea Common and further along the Esplanade at D-Day Museum and Pyramids.
Standard Season Tickets
Car Park Season Tickets are available for all Hovertravel Travel Card holders. To complete the form in advance download the attached PDF from the link above. Bring along your completed application form to either our Ryde or Southsea Hovertravel Terminals. Please take a look at the terms and conditions.
|Time||Price (as from 15th May)|
These charges are meter payments - coins and credit cards are accepted. To pay using a mobile phone on arrival - dial 02392 980098 - location no. 1389.
|Up to 1 hour||£1.60|
Scratchcard Permits are available for the 'Seafront, The Esplanade Car Park' Southsea. These are available from Southsea Hoverport. Please see terms and conditions.
Hovertravel sell scratchcards on behalf of the Council providing a cheaper and easier way for you to park your car.
|2 day scratchcard (upto 48 hours)||£21.00|
|Up to 4 days (upto 96 hours)||£40.00|
Hovertravel sells two-day, four-day and seven-day Seafront - The Esplanade Car Park permits to its passengers on behalf of Portsmouth City Council. Hovertravel does not accept any responsibility or liability for any issues relating to the Seafront - The Esplanade Car Park or the car park permits.
- Permits that have been validated, used, marked, scratched or damaged are non-refundable
- Permits are only valid for parking in Seafront - The Esplanade Car Park
- Permits are valid for four or seven consecutive days, however they may be purchased in advance and validated when necessary
- Permits are not extendable
- Permits are only valid if correctly displayed
- Permits are only valid if correctly completed
- Permits do not guarantee a parking space. Cars parked other than in marked parking bays may be penalised
Hovertravel sells Seafront - The Esplanade Car Park Season Tickets on behalf of Portsmouth City Council, purely as a service to our regular and frequent customers. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any issues relating to Seafront - The Esplanade Car Park, the car park season tickets or for the purchase of incorrect tickets.
Portsmouth City Council have asked us to stress the following:
- The Car Park Season Ticket are available from Hovertravel’s terminals only, and is valid in the Seafront - The Esplanade car park ONLY
- Car park season tickets MUST be displayed at all times
- Car park tickets are NOT extendable
Park, Ride & Fly to the Isle of Wight
You can now park, ride & fly to the Isle of Wight! Hovertravel have teamed up with Portsmouth City Council to offer a park and ride facility in Portsmouth City Centre. Save money by using our special negotiated deal from Friday 6pm until Sunday midnight (maximum parking time 54 hours). You can park your car for just £15 (plus £1 delivery fee) and our Hoverbus will take you to the Southsea Hoverport in just 5 minutes. It couldn't be easier! Hovertravel ticket to be purchased on top of £15 car park ticket.How it works:
- Once you have booked your hovercraft tickets, add a park, ride & fly ticket to your basket on the payment page
- The park, ride & fly ticket will be sent to the cardholders address - please allow 4 working days for postage
- Use your park, ride & fly ticket on the Hoverbus for free of charge transfer to & from the Isle of Wight (just under 5 minutes from Isambard Brunel Road to Southsea Hoverport)
Click here to see a map indicating where the car park is situated (Alec Rose Lane, PO12BX). The red route outlines the route of the Hoverbus.
Alight at Portsmouth & Southsea Railway Station and follow the signs to the Hoverbus, bus stop C. You will cross the road by the zebra crossing leading you to the Hoverbus stop. Our specially operated Hoverbus Service will take you directly to our Southsea Terminal for just £1.30 per child & £1.50 per adult. The Hoverbus connects with our hovercraft and will make sure you are at the Hovercraft Terminal in time for your craft. It couldn’t be easier!