Our Green Future
Hovertravel recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Our Commitment is that Hovertravel will:
- Maintain compliance, as a minimum, with all applicable environmental legislation.
- Maintain an awareness of the impact our operation has on the environment; particularly those areas of operation which are environmentally protected.
- Measure and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our business activities.
- Monitor progress and review environmental performance against set targets and objectives on a regular basis.
- Reduce the consumption of resources and improve the efficient and sustainable use of those resources.
- Manage waste generated from our business operations incorporating reduction, re-use and recycling where possible.
- Ensure pollution prevention in all aspects of our operation.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
Working together to ensure Our Green Future
- Finalising our ISO 14001 accreditation.
- Working with Griffon Hoverwork to research and design alternative fuel options.
- New waste management program launched in November to achieve zero land fill.
- Investing in net zero programs.