Our Travel Info Pages
Crossing the Solent with Hovertravel is not only fast and fun but an enjoyable experience for all our passengers. Our experienced staff are there to ensure your journey is comfortable and safe.
- All our craft have lifts between the hoverport and craft, and are managed by our crew
- Wheelchair safety belts are provided on all craft
- On embarking and disembarking crew members are on hand to control the lift and ensure all passengers are safe and comfortable
- Both terminals meet the accessibility standards required to assist a disabled person(s) with reduced mobility
- We recommend that our disabled and reduced mobility customers contact email@example.com or 01983 717707 between the hours of 10am - 5pm Monday to Friday, to agree what assistance and services are required at the specific time of travel at least 48 hours in advance of travel.
We can accommodate one wheelchair on Island Express and Freedom 90 per crossing. Motorised wheelchairs must have a sealed battery. Hovertravel cannot carry motorised scooters or people movers however Hovertravel are able to provide free of charge a wheelchair for use of travel between our ports. Please advise staff on arrival if you wish to travel in a wheelchair. Please ensure you arrive at the Terminal at least 15 minutes before departure of the craft.
We realise not all impairments are visible. We rely on our craft’s public address system to communicate important safety information. We also provide Safety and Emergency card on all seats and disabled seating area. Additionally, our crew are always on hand to offer assistance during your journey.
We provide a short 10 minute crossing between Southsea, Portsmouth and Ryde, Isle of Wight and our crossings are every 30 minutes. See our timetable for further information.