Oxford Day Trip
Saturday 20th January 2024
Join us for a Hover Day trip to Oxford, includes your day return flight on the hovercraft and return coach transfer. Oxford is a city whose fame reaches around the globe, thanks to its world-leading university. Since the 1300’s this prestigious institution has educated philosophers, scientists, prime ministers, princes and several famous authors including JRR Tolkien and Lewis Carroll who wrote Lord of the Rings and Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland respectively.
The university also owns stunning buildings such as the Radcliffe Camera and the Oxford University Museum of Natural History, with Hertford Bridge, often called the Bridge of Sighs, another distinctive landmark. Visitors can enjoy a trip on the River Cherwell which runs through the city and enjoy a pint in any number of taverns like one of its most famous fictional residents, Inspector Morse.
Combo Deal Itinerary
Outbound journey times
9:15am Hovercraft departs Ryde
9:25am Hovercraft arrives Southsea
9:30am Coach departs Southsea hoverport
11:30pm Coach arrives Oxford
Inbound journey times
5:15pm Coach departs Oxford
7:15pm Coach arrives Southsea hoverport
7:30pm Hovercraft departs Southsea
7:40pm Hovercraft arrives Ryde
|Combo Ticket Prices|
Infant (under 5yrs)
Book Combo Now
Simply select Oxford Daytrip from the Excursions flight search box below to book your great value combination ticket.
If you require assistance with your booking please call our friendly team on 0345 222 0461 Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Please note a telephone booking fee of £2 per booking will be applied.
- Adult/Senior/Student all one price, child ticket available and infants FREE but will require a boarding pass for their flight.
- Day trip deal must be booked online at least 48 hours in advance.
- Not available in our terminals or over the phone.
- Available to book for Saturday 20th January 2024 only.
- Hovertravel day return flight included as per day trip itinerary, outbound departs Ryde 9:15 and inbound departs Southsea 19:30.
- The coach departs Oxford at 17:15 please arrive in good time ahead of departure to ensure we don't leave any passengers behind.
- Tickets are non-transferable, and non refundable subject to our Disruption Policy.
- Standard Hovertravel Terms and Conditions Apply.