Hovertravel offer a whole host of tickets to suit everyone, whether you're a day visitor looking for great value tickets combining transport and attractions, a regular traveller for work or shopping, or looking for the best value ticket for a family day out, you'll find it here.
IOW Hover Rover Combos
|Student (With valid Photo I.D)|
|Period Return (90 day return)||£33.00||£16.00||£24.50||£24.20|
|Anytime Family Day Return||£56.00|
|Advanced Family Day Return||£30.00|
|Anytime Family Period Return||£70.00|
|Advanced Family Period Return||£49.00|
- Family ticket valid for 2 adults & up to 3 children (5-15yrs)
- Family Day Return for 1 adults & up to 3 children - £46.00
Island Resident Blue Card Fares
Hovertravel's Blue Card entitles Island Residents to over 25% discount on our Day Return fares & over 20% off Adult Period Returns, from Ryde to Southsea plus throughout the year we'll email you additional special offers!
To sign up or for further information, please click here.
|Ticket Type||Adult (16+)||Child (5-15 Yrs)||Senior (60+)|
Fares Valid from January 2020
Hovertravel reserve the right to ask for proof of age at the ticket office and boarding gate.
Concessionary & student discounted fares are available for;
- Students (16+) with a valid NUS card
- Seniors (60+)
Disabled persons or persons with reduced mobility with valid proof.
- Valid proof for disabled persons can be found here.
- *Not applicable in conjunction with Blue Card holders
|Ticket Type||Adult (16+)|
Fares Valid from 1st April 2019
Valid for Island Residents who hold proof of Low-income
- Housing benefit, Council Tax Support, Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance (income based only)Employment Support Allowance (Income Related Only)
- Pensioners in receipt of Pension Credit (Guaranteed Credit only)
- Universal credit (but only if the claimant has an established entitlement of Housing Costs in their UC award)
Proof of entitlement must be shown on purchase along with matching photo ID. Available in our Ryde terminal only.
All active Armed Forces, Defence Discount Card, Blue Light Card and NHS personnel can receive a 20% discount on standard adult fares.
- Discount only valid on day of travel on production of Defence Discount Card, Blue Light Card or NHS Staff I.D Badge
- Discount applies to card holder and plus 1
- Standard booking terms and conditions apply
- Once booked tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Discount only valid on standard adult and child fares, no further discount can be applied
Find Out More
Any luggage in excess of 30 kilos per passenger may be subject to an additional charge. Out of gauge items will be carried subject to load and may be carried as freight at the applicable freight tariff.
View freight tariff here
- Children aged 7 to 12 years old inclusive may only travel unaccompanied if a parent or guardian has made themselves known to the Ticket Office at the destination terminal before the hovercraft is due to depart.
- Children less than 7 years old must be accompanied by a person aged 13 years or older.
- Children aged 13 or above may travel unaccompanied.
We offer a HoverCompanion fare for parents or guardians to accompany a child over the Solent and return on the next flight. £12.00 per adult return.
HoverCompanion Terms & Conditions
- Ticket only available to to purchase in Ryde or Southsea terminal.
- Ticket only available to purchase at the time of travel and not in advance.
- Child must be present with the accompanying adult or waiting on the other side, terminal staff will call to check.
- Adult must travel back on one of the next two services or full price will be charged.
- Standard Hovertravel booking terms & conditions apply.
Hovertravel's Hoverbus is the perfect way to travel around Portsmouth and Southsea. Not only will the Hoverbus take you to and from the Hoverport at Southsea Seafront for your quick and easy trips to the Isle of Wight, but it will also take you around Portsmouth & Southsea.
|Unlimited Day Ticket||£4.30||£3.40|
|Book of 10 tickets (valid for 1 year from issue)||£17.00||£14.50|
Unlimited day ticket - Hop on/off the bus all day - unlimited travel on date specified on bus ticket
Full Terms & Conditions of booking can be found here.