Great South Run 2024
The South Coast’s biggest and best running event returns to Portsmouth on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th October! Soak up the big event experience by choosing your challenge and taking on either the 5k or 10-mile route.
The Great South Run 10-mile route takes place in Portsmouth and starts and finishes on the glorious Southsea seafront, just a short walk from our hoverport. The route offers a 'run' through history, passing iconic landmarks including the Historic Dockyard, HMS Victory and Southsea Castle. With music and entertainment zones at every kilometre and some of the best (and loudest) crowd support, it is an event experience like no other.
Want to be part of the action but not ready to take on 10 miles? The 5k is the perfect way to experience sea views and race day atmosphere along a shorter route. Or gear your little runners up for an event like no other with the Junior & Mini Great South Run – there’ll be encouraging tunes, high-fives, and a huge sense of personal achievement guaranteed.
Whether you are taking part or spectating, fly across the Solent in under 10-minutes on the fastest ferry route across the Solent.
- Plan Your Journey
- Route 10 miles
- Route 5km
- Route 2.5km Junior & 1.2km Mini
- Enter now via Great South Run.
- Great South Run 10 mile event is Sunday 20th October.
- Great South Run 5k event is Saturday 19th October.
- Great South Run Junior 2.5km event is Saturday 19th October.
- Great South Run Mini 1.2km event is Saturday 19th October.
- View the Great South Run event details for further information.
- Sign up for our free Island Resident Blue Card for great savings on your flight from Ryde to Southsea.
- We are operating early flights on Sunday 20th October helping you get to the start line of the South's biggest running event, see below for early flight times.
- Whether you are taking part or spectating, secure your seat on your flight now!
|Date||Flights Departing Ryde|
|Sunday 20th October||08:15 & 09:15|