Isle of Wight from London
If you live in London and are looking for a bit of an escape, then the Isle of Wight is a perfect destination. Whether you're planning on an extended stay or just looking for a day out to the Isle of Wight from London, there is plenty to see and do!
From popular attractions like Blackgang Chine or The Needles to visiting Osborne House, the historical home of Queen Victoria, you'll find activities to suit all tastes. Or, if you want to take in the scenery, explore the Island on foot along its miles of footpaths showcasing the beautiful landscape with many National Trust locations to choose from or simply relax on one of the many sandy beaches.
Ryde, Isle of Wight from London Waterloo in 2 hours 10 minutes!
Hovertravel operates the fastest ferry route across the Solent from Southsea, Portsmouth to Ryde, Isle of Wight. Operating a fast, friendly and frequent timetabled service. Getting you to the Island in a journey time of less than 10 minutes so, you’ll be exploring everything the Island has to offer in no time!
View our flight timetable and book your flight now.
How to Get to the Isle of Wight from London
Getting to the Isle of Wight from London might feel like a huge journey, but it is actually much easier and quicker than you might think!
- If travelling by car, our Southsea hoverport is ideally located opposite a Council operated car park.
- If travelling by National Rail book your rail through-ticket via Ryde hoverport for one inclusive ticket from London to the Isle of Wight.
- The nearest rail station is Portsmouth & Southsea and our Hoverbus service will connect you to our Southsea hoverport ready for your flight.
- Travel via National Express coach from London Victoria coach station to Portsmouth, The Hard. On arrival catch our Hoverbus from the Hard to our Southsea hoverport. Book your National Express ticket for travel to Ryde for one inclusive ticket.
- If you have a rail through-ticket or National Express ticket to Ryde Hoverport, the Hoverbus is free of charge!
- Sit back and enjoy the unique experience of travelling on the world’s only year round passenger hovercraft service taking you directly to the shore at Ryde in less than 10 minutes.
How to Get Around the Isle of Wight
Once you step off the hovercraft, you are directly on the shore at Ryde, with easy onward connection options available to make getting around the Island easy.
- Explore Ryde on foot with its independent shops, restaurants and cafés a short walk away, as well as the sandy beach and seafront promenade that joins the coastal path.
- Just a short walk from our terminal is Ryde Esplanade Bus Station and Southern Vectis buses operate a regular service across the Island if you want to venture further afield.
- Over the footbridge when departing the hovercraft the Island Line train operates, discover the Island's east coast and the coastal towns of Sandown and Shanklin.
- Have the flexibility to travel around the Island at your own pace with Enterprise Car Club car hire, available to book ahead of your flight, you pick up and go as soon as you step foot off of the hovercraft.
- Book a Go Taxi to travel to your onward Isle of Wight destination.
Your trip away to the Isle of Wight is closer than you think!