Careers - Working for Hovertravel
Our teams are extremely proud to work for the world’s longest operating hovercraft service.
Our people are passionate, driven and self-motivated to deliver more than expected.
We are looking for staff who aspire to be part of our family with the professionalism to deliver a fabulous service, in a safe, compliant working environment.
There are so many opportunities at Hovertravel, where would you like to work?
- Administration, Human Resources & Finance
- Masters (Pilot), Navigators & Crew
- Operational & Customer Services
- Commercial & Marketing
We aim to recruit the best talent and offer a great apprenticeship program. Once you join us we will provide you with a competitive salary and a working environment that is safe, rewarding and enjoyable.
Plus, we offer some great extra ‘HoverPerks’ when working for Hovertravel. Our staff work really hard and they all deserve, apart from a competitive salary some extra benefits and we offer the following;
- Generous annual leave
- Free hovercraft travel for yourself, partner & children
- Discounted travel on Island Line & all South Western Railway services
- Gunwharf Quays discount card
- Discounted travel on Southern Vectis bus services on the Isle Of Wight
- Discounted travel on Brittany Ferries
- Free travel on Stagecoach bus services in and around Portsmouth
- Plus a large variety of other discounts with our industry partners
- Ongoing development and career advancing opportunities with Hovertravel
Current Job Vacancies
If you are interested in a career at Hovertravel and joining our dynamic and unique company, then please review our current vacancies below.
We're currently recruiting a master to join our team of dedicated pilots.
In order to take command of a hovercraft on this route, an individual must hold one of the following STCW95 Certificates of Competence (CoC);
- Master II/2 or 11/3, (Unlimited, <3000GT, or <500GT)
- Master II/3, limited to "Hovercraft less than 500GT on near-coastal voyages only"
- Appropriately qualified seafarers may apply to obtain this CoC issued by the MCA under STCW regulation II/3 as stated in MGN1856 and with reference to Annex D therein. In recognition of this, applications will be welcomed from holders of: Chief Mate II/2 or II/3 (Unlimited, or 3000GT)
How to apply
For more information and to apply please send your CV to email@example.com
At Hovertravel Limited we are committed to an active equal opportunities policy. This runs right through our business from the recruitment and selection procedures, through training and development, appraisal and promotion opportunities to retirement.
Our policy is to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation on the basis of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, religious or political beliefs, disability, hours of work and age.
We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of our society and we recruit, develop and promote people on merit, and reward outstanding performance regardless of background.