Blackgang Chine, the oldest theme park in the UK and one of the most iconic tourist destinations, having first opened its doors in 1843, long before many of the mod cons we take for granted today were even invented!
Filled with an electric mix of attractions, magical theme worlds and exciting rides - waterforce water slides, cliff hanger roller coaster and pirate barrel ride - you'll find adventures around every corner, something for all the family.
Blackgang Chine one of the Island’s leading tourist attractions, are open late during the school summer holidays with additional fun and entertainment for the enjoyment of visitors all day and into the night too!
- Plan Your Visit
- Find Blackgang Chine prices, opening times and book your visit.
- Southern Vectis bus services operate from Ryde Esplanade bus station, a few minutes walk from our Ryde terminal. The regular number 9 service goes to Newport and then change to service 6 to Blackgang Chine. Alternatively the Island Coaster serves Blackgang. Please visit Southern Vectis for more information.
- Alternatively book a Go-Taxi or Hire Car to travel to Blackgang Chine.
- View our flight timetable.
Once you have made your booking with Blackgang Chine, please separately book your Hovertravel flight ticket(s).
Enjoy a full day exploring Blackgang Chine making the most of our Summer Late Flights.
- 09:30 Flight departs from Southsea hoverport
- 09:40 Flight arrives at Ryde hoverport
- Short walk from our Ryde hoverport to Ryde Bus Station
- 09:55 Southern Vectis Bus Service 9 departs Ryde Bus Station
- 10:30 Southern Vectis Bus Service 9 arrives Newport Bus Station
- 10:55 Southern Vectis Bus Service 6 departs Newport Bus Station
- 11:24 Southern Vectis Bus Service 6 arrives Blackgang Chine
- Enjoy your day at Blackgang Chine
- 17:18 Southern Vectis Bus Service 6 departs Blackgang Chine
- 17:50 Southern Vectis bus Service 6 arrives Newport Bus Station
- 18:00 Southern Vectis Bus Service 9 departs Newport Bus Station
- 18:30 Southern Vectis Bus Service 9 arrives Ryde Bus Station
- Short walk from Ryde Bus Station to our Ryde hoverport
- 19:15 Flight departs Ryde hoverport
- 19:25 Flight arrives Southsea hoverport
© Photo Visit Isle of Wight, credit Cam of Sam / Visit Isle of Wight