Isle of Wight Steam Railway
- Plan Your Visit
- Visit Isle of Wight Steam Railway for opening times, ticket prices and to book your visit.
- Southern Vectis number 9 bus service goes frequently from Ryde Esplanade bus station, a few minutes walk from our Ryde terminal. This bus service services Wootton Station and is an approximate 15 minute bus journey. Visit the Southern Vectis website for more information.
- Our Ryde Hoverport is situated next to Ryde Esplanade rail station where Island Line operates via Smallbrooke Junction, change there for Isle of Wight Steam Railway.
- Alternatively book a Go-Taxi or Hire Car.
- View our flight timetable.
Once you have made your booking with Isle of Wight Steam Railway, please separately book your Hovertravel flight ticket(s).
A visit to the Isle of Wight Steam Railway will charm, inspire and captivate. Leaving you with memories to last a lifetime. Step back to a bygone era when steam was the order of the day. See a vast collection of powerful majestic steam engines and revel in the charm of quiet rural stations with traditionally uniformed staff.
For the family and casual visitor, the Railway offers a unique and exciting day out and is one of Britain’s Heritage Railways as well as a registered educational charity, but there's also much more.
Settle back in beautifully restored Victorian and Edwardian carriages and discover the idyllic view of the Island’s unspoilt countryside.
Explore Train Story and uncover the lasting impact the Railway has had on our lives with interactivities and stunning displays. Journey through the Island's locomotive history as far back as 150 years.
To complete your day out there are refreshments rooms, a shop, woodland walk, picnic area, museum and children’s play area. Don’t forget to visit Haven Falconry Bird of Prey Centre, home to the Island’s largest bird of prey centre, with over 24 species.
© Photo credit Visit Isle of Wight.