Hover Travel User Group (HUG)
- HUG on the water
- HUG Objectives
- HUG Guidance
HUG On The Water
Update: April event postponed
For 2020 we introduced two new evening customer-focused events which will provide the opportunity for customers to have their questions answered in an informal setting. These events in April and September will allow customers to enjoy our hospitality including a 20-minute private charter flight with a team of Hovertravel staff.
There are 40 places available on each date and questions must be submitted via the below online form.
- 22nd April 2020 (Postponed)
- 16th September 2020
A: Any Hovertravel customer who is prepared to help Hovertravel understand customer priorities better.
It also might be a representative from local community groups, support groups or other stakeholder groups relevant to Hovertravel.
A: Questions which give customers a better understanding of Hovertravel’s current and future plans, and which will benefit customers’ experience when flying with Hovertravel.
There might also be suggestions and other feedback which helps Hovertravel enhance its operation.
A: Gathering at Ryde terminal guests will be escorted on to private charter on a hovercraft along with Hovertravel staff members from across the company and representing all departments: engineers, commercial, pilots, crew and finance.
There will then be a short flight out into the Solent, around the forts and back to Ryde. During the flight questions from guests will be asked and answered by the team.
A: yes, please use the from on this page. A selection of these will be read out and answered during the event.
A: Hovertravel will update its FAQs after each event and update this page.
The aims of the HUG are to listen, learn and share by working towards the following objectives:
- To put forward recommendations to Hovertravel for improvements to products and services suggested by users
- To act as a channel in reporting back to Hovertravel customers on their views and suggestions and to exchange information freely
- To promote awareness of the value of user groups to the community and all users
- To facilitate communication among members and the community
- This forum is for customers of Hovertravel only
- We are looking for suggestions and questions which will improve the Hovertravel experience
- No abusive language or bullying will be tolerated but we want to hear constructive observations from our customers about their experiences with Hovertravel.
Hovertravel will use these events to add information into the regular review of its Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and if there is a requirement for more complex engagements, we can arrange individual face-to-face meetings with a Duty Manager or the Head of Ground Operations.