Hover Rail, Bus & Coach - UK Connections
Travelling to and from the Isle Of Wight with Hovertravel could not be easier with specially arranged through fares & tickets with the Rail, Bus & Coach operators.
- Rail - Through tickets for travel including the Hovercraft & Rail from and to all UK rail stations. Railcard discounts apply
- Bus & Coach - Through tickets for travel including the hovercraft & National Express Coach to and from all UK destinations. Coach Card discounts apply.
Onward Travel Combinations
Make great savings by travelling with National Express and Hovertravel!
Hovertravel offer a discounted fare when booking an all-inclusive ticket with National Express.
Simply book your ticket with National Express and with one easy great-value payment you'll book a through ticket to include your coach travel to Southsea and your hovercraft to the Isle of Wight.
- Travel in comfort, safety and style with National Express and Hovertravel.
- Direct services from Southsea Terminal and from The Hard Interchange in Portsmouth to further destinations around the country.
- National Express hover-inclusive ticket holders with coaches departing from The Hard Interchange the Hoverbus transfer from/to Southsea Terminal is free of charge.
- Coach card discounts on through tickets to and from the Isle of Wight– saving you 1/3 on your combined National Express and Hovertravel ticket.
- Special through ticket to/from anywhere on the Island to all UK destinations, via the hovercraft & Southern Vectis (Isle Of Wight Buses).
- Our Ryde Hoverport staff are trained National Express agents.
Hovertravel fares & timetables are integrated into the UK National Rail network, offering through tickets from all UK destinations to and from the Isle Of Wight stations.
- Hovercraft & Rail ticket for one inclusive fare from all National Rail stations across the UK to and from the Isle of Wight stations.
- Free travel on the connecting Hoverbus service between Portsmouth stations & Southsea Hoverport.
- Railcard discounts permitted on all Hovercraft & Rail through tickets.
- Book on www.nationalrail.co.uk for the best rail & hover fares.
- Our Ryde terminal staff are trained rail agents.
Did you know, if you travel with Rail & Hover to & from Ryde the average travel times are
- London to Ryde Hoverport - 2 hours 10 mins
- Brighton to Ryde Hoverport - 2 hours 8 mins
- Gatwick Airport to Ryde Hoverprot - 2 hours 1 min
Hover Rover Bus
Hover Rover Rail
Hover Rover Bus
The Hover Rover Bus ticket is fantastic value for money and includes a Day Return on the hovercraft and unlimited use of the Southern Vectis buses, including the Open Top Tour buses. Hop on and off as you please for a great day out!
Prices include Hovercraft day return & unlimited use of the Island Buses
|Ticket Type||Combination Price|
|Adults/Seniors without a National Bus Pass||£29.50|
|Child (5-15 yrs)||£14.80|
|Senior with National Bus Pass||£25.50|
|Family (2 adults & up to 3 children)||£71.00|
Seniors with National Bus Passes who do not wish to travel on the open to tour buses just need to purchase a standard Senior Day Return.
Ticket can be used on:
- Island Coaster from Ryde to Yarmouth via Shanklin, Ventnor and Blackgang
- Downs Breezer from Ryde to Sandown, Robin Hill, Wootton, Quarr Abbey
- Needles Breezer from Yarmouth to Totland and The Needles
- Shanklin Steamer local open top service around Shanklin to the old village, beach and station
- All standard public bus route
Hover Rover Rail
Explore the Island's East Coast on unique electric trains. The combined Hover Rover Rail ticket includes a day return on the hovercraft from Southsea, plus unlimited use of the Island Line trains.
The Line runs from Ryde to Shanklin stopping at Smallbrook Junction, Brading, Sandown and Lake.
Prices include Hovercraft day return & unlimited use of the Island Line Network
Family (2 adults & up to 3 children)
Enjoy a great day out in Portsmouth and Southsea and leave the car at home!
This fantastic combination ticket includes through travel on any Southern Vectis bus from anywhere on the Island to and from Ryde Bus Station, a day return ticket on the hovercraft to Southsea and free travel on the Hoverbus to The Hard Interchange (for Gunwharf Quays) and Portsmouth City Centre.
Prices include day return Southern Vectis bus, Hovercraft & HoverBus
- Available from all Southern Vectis buses from anywhere on the Island
Get unlimited travel on Southern Vectis buses on the Isle of Wight, Stagecoach buses in and around Portsmouth*, and return travel between Ryde and Southsea with Hovertravel. Ticket also includes free travel on the Hoverbus!
*Travel is within Portsmouth and Stagecoach South Hampshire ticket zone extending to Emsworth & Clanfield.
Prices include Day return for Stagecoach, Hovercraft & Southern Vectis Bus