Cross Solent Freight Service
Fast postal service of small to medium items to and from the Isle of Wight
Hovertravel’s cross-Solent parcel service – Hover Fast Freight, is the fastest way of transporting small to medium items of freight and parcels to and from the Isle of Wight.
What Hover Fast Freight Offers
- Fastest route across the Solent in just 10 minutes
- Prices from £6.00
- Frequent crossings: to and from Ryde & Southsea
- Convenient & easy drop off and collection at our terminal receptions
- Operating 7 days a week
- No weight, simple size guide for pricing
- Credit & monthly invoicing available
- The service of choice for all your urgent freight requirements
Cross Solent Parcel Rates
|Total inc (VAT)
|Small parcel h30cm x w30cm x d90cm (max)
|Medium parcel h45cm x w45cm x d90cm (max)
|Large parcel h60cm x w60cm x d90cm (max)
|Oversize parcel – over large (Limitation on door size – staff to advise)
Please note maximum weight per parcel accepted is 30Kg
Multiple Parcel Consignments - 3 for 2 offer
Opt for a 3 for 2 offering (cheapest parcel free)*.
For multiple small and medium items, complimentary use of our ‘returnable’ freight crates allow all parcels to travel in crate for Large parcel rate at just £25.
Simple to book your item on your preferred crossing*
- Arrive at the terminal with your item at least 10 minutes prior to departure.
- Pay for your item according to the size (Freight account customers will have item registered on account for payment later).
- Our staff will book your item on the service you require
- Receive a receipt with your booked service and drop off.
- You will arrange for your parcel to be collected at the destination terminal after 5 minutes of hovercraft arrival.
- For online purchasers using couriers for delivery to terminal, payment will be required on collection at the end destination terminal. Please collect at the end of the delivery day or next day, as these items will be transported on any available crossing on the courier delivery day (same day).
*Subject to availability – limited space on 13:30 & 14:30 services.
- Hovertravel will not accept Dangerous Goods, Firearms or other Dangerous Weapons for carriage. For a
full list of items not allowed and for the full terms and conditions refer to our Booking terms and conditions Section 18 Dangerous Goods
- Any extra large items will be checked with staff before payment to ensure the item can be accommodated.
- The maximum weight per item is 30Kg subject to terms and conditions, please weigh your parcel ahead of arrival at the terminal, if this may be the case. Masters and/or Duty Manager may refuse parcels which are deemed excessively over weight.
- Multiple packages can be carried as one consignment as long as each item is no more than 40kg and is subject to size specification as laid out in the rates section.
- Our staff will endeavour to process your parcel for the next available crossing, or the crossing you specify. Please ensure you allow plenty of time ahead of the specified crossing – recommended 20 mins prior to departure.
- All carriage charges must be paid by cash or card ahead of transfers, accept for Freight customers who have an account facility with Hovertravel. Online purchasers using courier delivery services will pay on collection at the end destination terminal.
- Addressee/collector address must be clearly labelled on each item.
- Your receipt of payment will specify the service your item will be on, you are responsible to advise the collector/courier of the collection time at the destination terminal.
- All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT at the standard rate.
- All freight items must be collected within 24 hours of its arrival at its collection terminal otherwise storage fees will apply.