Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
- Dates & Prices
- Getting Here
Visit Portsmouth Historic Dockyard for a truly memorable family day out. Explore historic ships, including Lord Nelson’s world famous flagship HMS Victory, Queen Victoria’s HMS Warrior and the only surviving ship from the First World War’s Gallipoli Campaign, HMS M.33. Take the complementary waterbus to Gosport and explore Cold War submarine HMS Alliance. Your day out won’t be complete without an adventure‐packed trip to Action Stations, where you can train like a Royal Marine Commando or try the Ninja Force assault course, an attraction based on TV’s popular Ninja Warrior series. Add in a Harbour Tour to cruise around Portsmouth Harbour and see the ships of the modern Royal Navy.
As well as all the maritime history you could ask for, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard also offers a wide
range of catering options for when you are ready to take a break from exploring. Choose from a
variety including Costa Coffee, Boathouse #4, Boathouse No. 7 Restaurant and the Copper Kettle
café onboard HMS Warrior.
Your Eleven Attraction ticket give you entry to:
- HMS Victory: The world’s most celebrated warship has undergone her biggest change. A major reinterpretation of her visitor route through the ship enables visitors to follow in the footsteps of Nelson, its most famous Admiral.
- HMS Warrior: The world’s first iron‐hulled, armoured warship launched in 1860 and never fired a shot in anger, yet changed naval warfare forever.
- Action Stations: Release your inner ninja on the Ninja Force assault course. Home to dozens of interactive adventures, including an indoor climbing tower, giving a taste of life in today’s Royal Navy and Royal Marines.
- The National Museum of the Royal Navy Portsmouth: Britain’s only museum dedicated to the men and women of the Royal Navy spanning several hundred years.
- Boathouse 4: A great family attraction within the Historic Dockyard. There is the Forgotten Craft exhibition which pays tribute to the heroic small naval craft and crews of the past. You can also get a great birds‐eye view of students practising traditional boatbuilding skills as part of the International Boatbuilding Training College Portsmouth.
- Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower: Take the free waterbus over to the award‐winning museum – home to a unique collection that includes torpedoes, modern missiles ‐ and even a nuclear bomb.
- HMS Alliance at the Royal Navy Submarine Museum: Discover a world beneath the sea by walking onboard HMS Alliance ‐ it’s as if she is about to leave for sea. Take a peek through the working periscopes and see, hear and even smell how life was lived underwater.
- HMS M.33: Discover the only surviving ship from the First World War’s Gallipoli campaign.
- Waterbus: A complimentary boat ride from Portsmouth Historic Dockyard to the Royal Navy
Submarine Museum and Explosion (subject to availability and available on a first come, first served
- Harbour Tours: A sailor’s eye view of the Historic Dockyard, and the warships of the modern Royal Navy
- Dockyard Apprentice Exhibition: The story of Dockyard life during the early years of the 20th Century when the great Dreadnought battleships were being constructed
- Bus Route
- Café Onsite
- Child Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Rainy Day
|Season Running Dates||Opening Times|
|29 October - 31 March||10:00-17:00 Every Day|
|01 April - 28 October||10:00-17:30 Every Day|
|Closed Dates||Dates vary at each attraction, please check with attraction. All attractions closed 24-26th December.|
|Attraction Entry Prices|
Great value discounted day travel ticket. Offer includes entrance to the attraction, bus connection on the Hoverbus and travel on the hovercraft. Portsmouth Historic Dockyard’s annual ALL-ATTRACTION TICKET includes entry to the Royal Navy Submarine Museum and HMS Alliance, along with admission to Explosion, The Museum of Naval Firepower and a complimentary waterbus to these attractions based in Gosport. Also included is Portsmouth Historic Dockyard attractions; world famous ships HMS Victory and HMS Warrior 1860, the National Museum of the Royal Navy and Action Stations.
Average time spent at attraction: 150 minutes
Catch the Hoverbus to The Hard Interchange and a short walk to Historic Dockyard Gates. Journey time approximately 10 minutes. Travel is included in package price.