Blue Reef Aquarium
- Plan Your Visit
- Blue Reef Aquarium is a short 10 minute (approximate) walk along the seafront from our Southsea hoverport
- Visit the Blue Reef Aquarium website for opening times
- Book your Blue Reef Aquarium ticket directly online in advance to guarantee your entrance on the day and for the best price.
- Sign up for our free Island Resident Blue Card for great savings on your flight from Ryde to Southsea.
- View our timetable and book your flight!
Portsmouth’s award-winning Blue Reef Aquarium offers visitors a dazzling undersea safari through the oceans of the world. With over 45 living displays reveal the sheer variety of life in the deep, from tropical sharks and stingrays to giant lobsters and elegant seahorses. Explore the drama of the British coast, the underwater gardens of the Mediterranean and the dazzling beauty of a spectacular coral reef.
At the aquarium’s heart is the giant ocean tank where an underwater tunnel offers incredibly close encounters with puffer fish, triggerfish and hundreds of vibrant tropical fish amid the beauty of a recreated coral reef.
For those on the Isle of Wight who want to experience one of Portsmouth's best attractions, you can fly from Ryde to Southsea in just 10 minutes on our hovercraft and with the Blue Reef Aquarium just a few minutes walk along the seafront, you'll be there in no time!