Wessex Cancer Trust - Daisy Bus
The Wessex Cancer Trust provide a free bus transfer to and from Hovertravel's Southsea terminal to Queen Alexander Hospital.
You don’t need to book a space on this bus just show up with your appointment card.
As more people require safe travel between the Isle of Wight and Portsmouth, Hovertravel and Wessex Cancer Trust want to ensure your journey as a cancer patient is as stress-free as possible.
We will do this by:
- Giving Wessex Cancer Trust clients priority boarding, seated with appropriate space from other passengers*
- Ensuring toilet and hand washing facilities are available in both terminals
- Monitoring and limiting the number of people in the terminal at any one time
- Limiting the number of passengers on the craft and on WCT daisy buses on any journey to allow additional space between passengers
- Allowing those people from the same household to sit together
- Ensuring all staff have been provided with a strict protocol to follow regarding managing current risks, including the appropriate cleaning of the craft.
- Directing you to the WCT daisy bus where necessary for transport to the QA Hospital *identified by wearing a WCT lanyard available on WCT website www.wessexcancertrust.org.uk
We are asking all passengers to:
- Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms or are living with someone who has
- Comply with social distancing guidelines
- Let staff know if you have any concerns – wearing your lanyard will help staff know you’re taking extra precautions
- Pre-book your ticket online wherever possible
- Wear face masks on both forms of public transport in line with government guidance
- Get in touch with Wessex Cancer Trust if we can offer addition support