Dickens Bonchurch Experience
Our Dickens Bonchurch Experience celebrates 175 years since Charles Dickens visited Bonchurch, Isle of Wight. Join us on Tuesday 14th May or Tuesday 8th October and fly from Southsea to Ryde, Isle of Wight on the world's only scheduled passenger hovercraft service. Enjoy a vintage bus tour from our Ryde terminal to Bonchurch before joining walk leader Sue as she shares her knowledge and discoveries of the time Charles Dickens spent in Bonchurch during his holiday in 1849, where rumours suggest that locals inspired characters such as David Copperfield.
Alternatively book our option without the walking tour and explore this idyllic location yourself, taking time to discover the location that was such as inspiration to Charles Dickens.
Itinerary Details - Tuesday 14th May or Tuesday 8th October
- 10:00 Hovercraft depart Southsea
- 10:10 Hovercraft arrives Ryde
- 10:15 Vintage bus departs Ryde
- 11:00 Vintage bus arrives Bonchurch
- Walking tour with Sue or free time exploring Bonchurch (depending on option booked)
- 13:15 Vintage bus departs Bonchurch
- 14:00 Vintage bus arrives Ryde hoverport
- 14:15 Hovercraft departs Ryde
- 14:25 Hovercraft arrived Southsea
|Dickens Experience including Bonchurch walking tour
|Dickens Experience with free time in Bonchurch
This ticket is only available to book online and not in our terminals. This event is not suitable for children. Please note Bonchurch has several steps and hills so is not suitable for those with reduced mobility or for wheelchairs.
How to Book
Book your place below, select Excursions from our Journey Planner and select either Dickens Experience including Bonchurch walking tour or Dickens Experience with free time in Bonchurch
- Book online at least 48 hours before your travel date.
- Tickets non-transferable.
- Tickets are non-refundable subject to our weather cancellation policy.
- Not suitable for children