Careers - Working for Hovertravel
Our teams are extremely proud to work for the world’s longest operating hovercraft service. Our people are passionate, driven and self-motivated to deliver more than expected.
We are looking for staff who aspire to be part of our family with the professionalism to deliver a fabulous service, in a safe, compliant working environment.
There are so many opportunities at Hovertravel, where would you like to work?
- Administration, Human Resources & Finance
- Masters (Pilot), Navigators & Crew
- Operational & Customer Services
- Commercial & Marketing
We aim to recruit the best talent and offer a great apprenticeship program. Once you join us we will provide you with a competitive salary and a working environment that is safe, rewarding and enjoyable.
Plus, we offer some great extra ‘HoverPerks’ when working for Hovertravel. Our staff work really hard and they all deserve, apart from a competitive salary some extra benefits and we offer the following;
- Generous annual leave
- Free hovercraft travel for yourself, partner & children
- Discounted travel on Island Line & all South Western Railway services
- Gunwharf Quays discount card
- Discounted travel on Southern Vectis bus services on the Isle Of Wight
- Discounted travel on Brittany Ferries
- Free travel on Stagecoach bus services in and around Portsmouth
- Plus a large variety of other discounts with our industry partners
- Ongoing development and career advancing opportunities with Hovertravel
If you are interested in a career at Hovertravel and joining our dynamic and unique company, then please review our current vacancies below.
Hovercraft Handling Agent
Hovercraft Handling Agent
- Permanent Contract
- Full time - 36 hours per week
- Based in Ryde (Isle of Wight)
- Shift pattern of 4 on and 2 off
It takes a special kind of person to get our customers journey’s off to a flying start. As a Hovercraft Handling Agent you will be the face of the Hovertravel Brand. Guiding and assisting our customers at the Terminals in both Ryde and Southsea, as well as on board our Hovercraft. It’s all about enhancing the customer experience. Your dedication, passion and resilience to deliver outstanding customer service will shine through in everything you do.
Here at Hovertravel our Hovercraft Handling Agents are people with a passion for customer service, who are happy to go that extra mile, with a drive to succeed and grow at every opportunity, love the Hovercraft and the unique service it offers, a career as a Hovercraft Handling Agent could be for you. Also the role includes being crew on the hovercraft, looking after customers during the crossing and being prepared for all situations on the Hovercraft.
- Good Team player
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Keen to go that extra mile for the long term benefit
- Open minded to opportunities that arise
- STCW’s courses are desirable but not essential
- Flexible within the role
To apply, please complete the form below.
We're not currently recruiting however please feel free to send your CV and we will notify you if any suitable vacancies arise.
In order to take command of a hovercraft on this route, an individual must hold one of the following STCW95 Certificates of Competence (CoC);
- Master II/2 or 11/3, (Unlimited, <3000GT, or <500GT)
- Master II/3, limited to "Hovercraft less than 500GT on near-coastal voyages only"
- Appropriately qualified seafarers may apply to obtain this CoC issued by the MCA under STCW regulation II/3 as stated in MGN1856 and with reference to Annex D therein. In recognitions of this, applications will be welcomed from holders of: Chief Mate II/2 or II/3 (Unlimited, or 3000GT)
We're not currently recruiting however please feel free send your CV and we will notify you if any suitable vacancies arise.
To support our continued growth, we are also seeking to recruit Hovercraft Navigators. This is a full-time vacancy (36 hrs per week), however, we would consider candidates looking for a flexible or part-time work arrangement.
This position required applications to hold the following STCW95 Certificate of Competence (CoC):
- Officer of the Watch (OOW) II/1 (Unlimited)
This position may lead to future development towards Master qualification, subject to additional MCA examination for the issue of STCW95 Master II/3, limited to "Hovercraft less than 500GT on near-coastal voyages only".
How to Apply
At Hovertravel Limited we are committed to an active equal opportunities policy. This runs right through our business from the recruitment and selection procedures, through training and development, appraisal and promotion opportunities to retirement.
Our policy is to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation on the basis of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, religious or political beliefs, disability, hours of work and age.
We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of our society and we recruit, develop and promote people on merit, and reward outstanding performance regardless of background.