Careers - Working for Hovertravel
Our teams are extremely proud to work for the world’s longest operating hovercraft service.
Our people are passionate, driven and self-motivated to deliver more than expected.
We are looking for staff who aspire to be part of our family with the professionalism to deliver a fabulous service, in a safe, compliant working environment.
There are so many opportunities at Hovertravel, where would you like to work?
- Administration, Human Resources & Finance
- Masters (Pilot), Navigators & Crew
- Operational & Customer Services
- Commercial & Marketing
We aim to recruit the best talent and offer a great apprenticeship program. Once you join us we will provide you with a competitive salary and a working environment that is safe, rewarding and enjoyable.
Plus, we offer some great extra ‘HoverPerks’ when working for Hovertravel. Our staff work really hard and they all deserve, apart from a competitive salary some extra benefits and we offer the following;
- Generous annual leave
- Free hovercraft travel for yourself, partner & children
- Discounted travel on Island Line & all South Western Railway services
- Gunwharf Quays discount card
- Discounted travel on Southern Vectis bus services on the Isle Of Wight
- Discounted travel on Brittany Ferries
- Free travel on Stagecoach bus services in and around Portsmouth
- Plus a large variety of other discounts with our industry partners
- Ongoing development and career advancing opportunities with Hovertravel
If you are interested in a career at Hovertravel and joining our dynamic and unique company, then please review our current vacancies below.
- Compliance Assistant
- Full time
- Office based (Ryde, Isle of Wight)
To oversee the smooth running of the office and efficient administration of the Quality Management System and associated documentation. To provide general administrative support to all departments.
- Manage ‘change requests’ submitted via the company portal ‘MyHovertravel’, referring requests to the appropriate Process Owner for authorisation.
- Update Quality Management System (QMS) with any changes/new documents and update all electronic and physical copies as appropriate
- Maintain the company document matrix
- Communicate details of change requests via the company’s internal weekly bulletin (HoverUpdate)
- Ensure all documents are reviewed by the process owner on an annual basis; send out reminders as appropriate
- Act as ‘change authority’ for all ‘quality’ processes & documents
- Arrange and prepare data in advance of the monthly compliance meetings and take minutes
- MyHovertravel – review and approve all QMS non-conformity and observation close out reports
- Maintain and update all central registers (Legal, Risk, GDPR etc.)
- Maintain the internal and external audit plan, allocating audits to the compliance team on a monthly basis
- Conduct internal ISO audits
- Conduct other internal audits as necessary
- Collate and write up internal audit reports submitted by team, as well as maintaining the results of all audits centrally in the audit schedule
- Oversee all external audits
- Manage the company’s response to any data breaches and SARs
- Record all responses to all data breaches / SARs on the GDPR register
- Manage and distribute all incoming/outgoing post
- Oversee all meeting arrangements, to include the boardroom and video conference booking system, desk allocation and uploading minutes to the QMS.
- Answer inbound calls to the office and handle customer enquiries as appropriate
- Host visitors and ensure guests are signed in/briefed as per the QMS requirements
- Manage the ordering of all office supplies/stationary
- Manage & Issue staff travel/discount cards
- General administrative support to all departments where required
We're not currently recruiting however please feel free to send your CV and we will notify you if any suitable vacancies arise.
In order to take command of a hovercraft on this route, an individual must hold one of the following STCW95 Certificates of Competence (CoC);
- Master II/2 or 11/3, (Unlimited, <3000GT, or <500GT)
- Master II/3, limited to "Hovercraft less than 500GT on near-coastal voyages only"
- Appropriately qualified seafarers may apply to obtain this CoC issued by the MCA under STCW regulation II/3 as stated in MGN1856 and with reference to Annex D therein. In recognitions of this, applications will be welcomed from holders of: Chief Mate II/2 or II/3 (Unlimited, or 3000GT)
We're not currently recruiting however please feel free send your CV and we will notify you if any suitable vacancies arise.
To support our continued growth, we are also seeking to recruit Hovercraft Navigators. This is a full-time vacancy (35 hrs per week), however, we would consider candidates looking for a flexible or part-time work arrangement.
This position required applications to hold the following STCW95 Certificate of Competence (CoC):
- Officer of the Watch (OOW) II/1 (Unlimited)
This position may lead to future development towards Master qualification, subject to additional MCA examination for the issue of STCW95 Master II/3, limited to "Hovercraft less than 500GT on near-coastal voyages only".
How to Apply
At Hovertravel Limited we are committed to an active equal opportunities policy. This runs right through our business from the recruitment and selection procedures, through training and development, appraisal and promotion opportunities to retirement.
Our policy is to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation on the basis of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, religious or political beliefs, disability, hours of work and age.
We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of our society and we recruit, develop and promote people on merit, and reward outstanding performance regardless of background.