Careers - Working for Hovertravel
Hovertravel Ltd provides a hovercraft passenger service for foot passengers between Ryde on the Isle of Wight and Southsea, Portsmouth. Our service provides the quickest way to and from the Isle of Wight and carries approximately 800,000 passengers each year. We currently employee around 75 people based in Ryde and Southsea, most of whom work a mixture of AM and PM shifts to cover our 7 day a week operation.
At Hovertravel our people are key to our success! We aim to recruit the best talent and once you join us we aim to provide you with a competitive benefits package and a working environment that is safe, rewarding and enjoyable.
If you would be interested in a career at Hovertravel, and joining our dynamic and unique Company, then please review our current vacancies below and, should any of these suit your skills and experience, complete an application form sending it the relevant contact.
Current Vacancies at Hovertravel
Handling Agent (Apprentice)
We are looking for a full time Hovercraft Pilot to join our team on based on the Isle of Wight. This is a full time vacancy (37.5 hours per week) however we would consider candidates looking for a flexible or part time work arrangement.
In order to take command of a hovercraft on this route, an individual must hold one of the following STCW95 Certificates of Competence (CoC);
Master II/2 or 11/3, (Unlimited, <3000GT, or <500GT)
Master II/3, limited to "Hovercraft less than 500GT on near-coastal voyages only". Appropriately qualified seafarers may apply to obtain this CoC issued by the MCA under STCW regulation II/3 as stated in MGN1856 and with reference to Annex D therein. In recognitions of this, applications will be welcomed from holders of: Chief Mate II/2 or II/3 (Unlimited, or 3000GT)
To support our continued growth, we are also seeking to recruit Hovercraft Navigators. This is a full-time vacancy (37.5hrs per week), however, we would consider candidates looking for a flexible or part-time work arrangement.
This position required applications to hold the following STCW95 Certificate of Competence (CoC):
- Officer of the Watch (OOW) II/1 (Unlimited)
This position may lead to future development towards Master qualification, subject to additional MCA examination for the issue of STCW95 Master II/3, limited to "HOvercraft less than 500GT on near-coastal voyages only".
For more information and to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12-month Fixed Term Contract
- NVQ Customer Service Level 2 - in partnership with Highbury College.
This is a great opportunity to work for the world's longest running commercial hovercraft service, which is also the only scheduled passenger hovercraft service in Europe. All staff are required to carry out a range of Hovercraft handling related activities as directed by the Company through its policies, procedures and training to facilitate the success of the operation in which you have been trained, including, but not limited to the following:
Front of House
- Assist with the control of passengers and the general public in and around the terminal building.
- Manage the queues outside the terminal, directing passengers or assisting with queries, as appropriate.
- Generate business by pro-actively promoting Hovertravel outside the terminal.
- Answer in-bound telephone calls.
- Sell and issue published flight tickets
- Operate and maintain the Company ticketing and booking system.
- Receive payment by cash, cheque, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Manage the boarding process within the terminal and on the landing area.
- Assist passengers with their luggage, ensuring passengers safely embark and disembark from the craft.
- Loading and unloading the hovercraft of freight and luggage
- Supervise the craft departure or travel with the craft when required.
- Be responsible for the safety of passengers, dealing with security and emergency situations in and around the terminal and on- board.
- Attend to passengers' needs throughout their Hovertravel experience and provide a high level of customer service being friendly, enthusiastic and courteous at all times.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer services skills
- Good team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Keen to go the extra mile for the long term benefit
- Open minded to opportunities that may arise
You must have a Level 1 in English and Maths (GCSE A-D) or equivalent.
The successful candidates will work a rolling shift pattern of 2 earlies, 2 lates & 2 days off, timings as follows:
Early – 05.45 – 13.15
Late – 12.45 – 21.15
Early – 07.15 – 14.15
Late – 13.45 – 21.15
Early - 08.15 – 14.15
Late - 13.45 - 21.15
To apply, please contact email@example.com
Equality & Diversity
At Hovertravel Limited we are committed to an active equal opportunities policy. This runs right through our business from the recruitment and selection procedures, through training and development, appraisal and promotion opportunities to retirement.
Our policy is to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation on the basis of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, religious or political beliefs, disability, hours of work and age.
We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of our society and we recruit, develop and promote people on merit, and reward outstanding performance regardless of background.