Working for the world’s longest operating hovercraft service makes our teams proud. Our brand stands for values delivered by our people who every day demonstrate through outstanding customer service their passion, drive and self-motivation to exceed expectations.
Since we started operations in 1965, our people have always been part of the ‘Hovertravel’ family with the professionalism to deliver a fabulous service, in a safe, compliant working environment.
HoverFacts - Did you know that?
- Our people have operated 22,000 services per year across the Solent between Portsmouth & Isle Of Wight
- Our teams assist over 800,000 passengers per year
- Our engineers have over 175 years of experience working on hovercraft
- Our Masters (Pilots) have over 250 cumulative years of experience flying our hovercraft
- Our longest serving member of staff has over 50 years of service
- Our apprentices are given the first opportunity to apply for a permanent position at Hovertravel
Hovertravel people work in a variety of different areas of the business, these include
- Administration, HR & Finance
- Masters, Navigators & Crew
- Operational & Customer Services
- Commercial & Marketing