Southern Railway - Advance Fares From £5
Like to plan ahead and get cheap train tickets? Get great deals by booking Advance tickets from just £5 one way with Southern Railway.
Summer. Get There by train!
Hovertravel Summer Train Promo
Travel by train to any Portsmouth station from now until 31st August 2019 and receive a discounted Hovercraft day return flight for only £12.00 per adult & £6.00 per child.
Simply show your valid Southern Railway train ticket in our Southsea terminal, on the day of travel to receive this amazing offer!
Terms & Conditions
- Train ticket must be dated the same as hovercraft travel date
- Hovercraft discounted ticket only valid for a day return
- Train ticket must be to Portsmouth Harbour or Portsmouth & Southsea
- Each passenger must hold a valid train ticket to obtain the discount
- Tickets are only available in our Southsea terminal, at the time of travel
- Standard Hovertravel terms & conditions apply
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer
- Offer valid until 31st August 2019
Advance train tickets give you the chance to book your trip for cheaper prices than if you were to buy on the day. They’re for one-way, single journeys, so if you need to return, you’ll need to buy two single Advance tickets.
Here are some of the benefits of booking early on:
- No last-minute dash to the ticket office to arrange travel
- Cheaper fares
- 1/3 off the ticket price if you have a 16-25, Senior, HM Forces, Family & Friends, Two Together or Disabled Persons Railcard
- Using single tickets gives you the chance to mix and match tickets. For example, you could travel standard class on the way out and First Class on the way back
Advance tickets are available across the country at different prices, however for journeys on the Southern network we offer three standard class prices:
If you want to upgrade, you can select one of our First Class Advance tickets for £17.
The earlier you book, the more likely it is that you’ll snap up a £5 ticket. Don’t worry if you’ve not planned that far ahead, though. Our £8.50 and £12 tickets are often available right up to 6pm the night before you travel.
You can only travel on the date and train shown on your train ticket and reservation coupon issued to you when you book. As this is a set booking, you won’t be able to get another train or break your journey. So, if you get off the train at a station on the route and get on another train to complete your journey, your Advance ticket will no longer be valid, and you’ll need to buy a new one.
When you book ahead, remember that advance return fares aren’t available, so you’ll need to book two singles. Use our journey planner to find the best times and fares.