Welcome to Wightlink Customers
Hovertravel wants to ensure all our passengers, including those from Wightlink, can continue to use our services both safely and fairly.
We have added extra services to our timetable, and ask all customers to book their travel in advance.
How To Request Travel
1. Sign up to a Manage My Booking Account here
2. Once registered, complete the form below and include your unique customer number which can be found on your Manage My Booking account
3. Lastly, await your confirmation E-mail from our customer care team; who will advise when your tickets have been added to your account and include your booking instructions.
There is no additional cost to any customer using their Wightlink ticket to travel on Hovertravel and please note that use of our HoverBus is free for both Wightlink & customers, providing an onward connection to the rail stations and city centre of Portsmouth. Please show your Wightlink ticket to the driver.
Hovertravel is accepting all ticket types from;
- Fast Cat (Wightlink Ryde – Portsmouth) and Yarmouth
- Car Ferry (Wightlink Yarmouth – Lymington)
- including Business Pass, Season Ticket, Multilink Pass, National Rail tickets via Wightlink or Ryde Pier Head and Day and Period Returns including those with a train journey.
At our terminals, Hovertravel staff will check tickets for date validity and ask customers to scan at the ticket desk five minutes before departure time to ensure travel on the chosen crossing.
In the event of adverse weather causing us to cancel services, we will operate our Weather Disruption timetable, with a free, dedicated Hoverbus operating between the Hovertravel terminal in Ryde and the Fishbourne Car Ferry for both Hovertravel & Wightlink customers as an alternative travel option. Our Portsmouth Hoverbus will also include an additional service stop at the Portsmouth Gunwharf Terminal. Please note the changes to our Weather Cancellation policy whilst this service is in operation.
Once you've registered for a Manage My Booking account, please complete the below form and include your unique Hovertravel customer number.
- Wightlink customers must create a Manage My Booking account and complete the online form to be able to make bookings to travel.
- Wightlink tickets only accepted for travel until 2nd December 2020
- Only valid tickets for Wightlinks Portsmouth - Ryde Pier Head and Yarmouth - Lymington routes will be accepted, from 14th November 2020
- Tickets must be dated the same as the travel date.
- Same number of passengers will be carried over from existing tickets, any extra passengers will need to buy a standard Hovertravel ticket.
- One form is submitted, please allow up to 48 hours for your tickets to be allocated to your account. Applications won't be processed over the weekend.
- Valid Wightlink Ticket, Season or Mulit Link Pass must be shown alongside your booked Hovertravel ticket. Failure to do so will result in a standard ticket charge.
- Free HoverBus is redeemable by showing a valid Wightlink ticket to the driver
- All reservations must be booked online via Manage My Booking against allocated ticket and not over the phone or in terminals.
- Hovertravel reserve the right to amend or change this procedure at any time.
- If you would like to cancel your booked time on your voucher please contact us via call centre or email@example.com. If you would like to amend your departure time booking please simply make another booking via Manage My Booking which will over-ride the time. We ask that customers allow 2 hours’ notice to cancel if possible.
Yes, we're inviting any customers with a valid Wightlink ticket to travel free of charge for essential travel only.
Please following the below 3 easy steps to secure tickets & to make flight bookings.
Sign up to a Manage My Booking Account here
Once registered, complete the form below and include your unique customer number which can be found on your Manage My Booking account
Lastly, await your confirmation E-mail from our customer care team; who will advise when your tickets have been added to your account and include your booking instructions.
Booked Travel Only
We are operating a revised timetable and we strongly advise customers to book their travel in advance online. Booking on our website is very simple, giving you the opportunity to choose your flight times, and avoid the busy times.
Customers are now obliged by law to wear a face covering at all times unless exempt.
Hovertravel applied a risk assessment, mitigation and management approach to creating a COVID-secure environment which allowed us to develop a set of precautionary protocols for the protection of our passengers and our staff. These protocols are displayed on posters throughout both our terminals and are on our website here.
As the Government lifts some of the lockdown restrictions we are evolving our protocols to keep protecting our passengers and our people. There are important updates to our protocols, including the legal requirement to wear a face covering and the advice for all travel is to be booked in advance . Please follow these instructions and Hover responsibly.
You're ready to start flying! Please make bookings against the tickets in your account (1 ticket per day), once booked you'll receive a confirmation E-mail with a barcode on. Simply scan this when you travel alongside your valid Wightlink ticket.
Hovertravel has the space for up to six bikes per crossing, although this facility is provided on a first-come, first served basis. Due to the additional mail being carried it is not possible to guarantee your bike will be permitted onboard and for Wightlink customers who need to travel with their bikes, Hovertravel suggests booking on the car ferry instead.
For general enquires, please use our LiveChat function on our website or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, we aim to respond within 2 working days.
Alternatively, please call 0345 222 0461, Monday - Sunday, 09:00 - 17:00.