Help Us to Help You
As more and more people return to work, in line with the Government’s advice, Hovertravel is making sure those who need to travel, and our staff, can fly safely on our hovercraft. This means we need to put in place some protocols which we strongly urge all our passengers to follow.
- Only travel, if absolutely necessary such as when you cannot work from home
- Avoid Hovertravel’s peak passenger times; 0615-0815 and 1630-1830 (Mon-Fri)
- Buy your tickets online
- Wear a face covering
- Give other passengers their space during boarding/disembarking
- Occupy seats starting from the back of the craft first when boarding
- Stay seated after landing until the bow doors open
- Wash your hands before and after travelling (both terminals have toilets)
- Has asked all staff to wear face coverings when required
- Has deployed social distancing measures in the terminals and during boarding/disembarking
- May ask you to wait outside the terminal
- Is allowing passengers to transfer, as priority, to the next service
- Will invite those from the same household to sit together
- Is cleaning the craft after every service
- Is regularly cleaning the touch points in both terminals
- Is adding in extra services as required
Hovertravel continues to be a critical community service which allows key workers and vital supplies to fly across the Solent in under ten minutes. We appreciate that choosing to travel with us is a personal decision and we want to reassure all our customers that we are working tirelessly to keep you safe and hope that you will keep yourselves safe too.
By following our protocols we can keep the communities on the Isle of Wight and in Portsmouth functioning and together we will all be helping to control the virus.