Help Us to Help You - Travel
As the Government lifts some of the lockdown restrictions we are evolving our protocols to keep protecting our passengers and our people. There are important updates to our protocols, including the legal requirement to wear a face covering and the need for all travel to be booked. Please follow these instructions and Hover responsibly.
- Please note we are a booked service only (from 15th June) – book your travel in advance online or on our app
- You are required by law to wear a face covering at all times with Hovertravel (from 15th June)
- We will refuse travel if a passenger does not have a face covering
- Please avoid our peak passenger times; 0615-0815 and 1630-1830 (Mon-Fri)
- Give other passengers their space during boarding/disembarking
- Please occupy seats starting from the back of the craft first when boarding
- Stay seated after landing until the bow doors open
- Wash your hands before and after travelling (both terminals have toilets)
- Has asked all staff to wear face coverings when required
- Has deployed social distancing measures in the terminals and during boarding/disembarking
- May ask you to wait outside the terminal
- Is allowing passengers to transfer, as priority, to the next service
- Will invite those from the same household to sit together
- Is cleaning the craft after every service
- Is regularly cleaning the touch points in both terminals
- Is adding in extra services as required
We appreciate that choosing to travel with us is a personal decision and we want to reassure all our customers that we are working tirelessly to keep you safe and hope that you will keep yourselves safe too. By following our protocols we can keep the communities on the Isle of Wight and in Portsmouth functioning and together we will all be helping to control the virus.
We are regularly updating our timetable to show the peak passenger times.