Our Company Pages
Collection and use of data
- Hovertravel can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, email and your credit/debit card details in order to make payment and confirm the booking) from a number of different sources:
- When you search for or request details on services or travel arrangements from the Website, or if you supply us with your details when discussing matters over the telephone to us, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail or email.
- When you complete and submit a booking on the Website or by telephoning Hovertravel, together with any applicable methods of payment.
- Via your individual IP location. This is a function of the Website that enables Hovertravel to return details of travel arrangements and/or services that you have requested, and in order for Hovertravel to diagnose problems with its server and to administer the Website.
- Hovertravel needs your name, address and/or email address so that it can send out information to you and advise you of special offers and promotions it thinks may be of interest to you. Hovertravel also requires this information about you, and others included in your group, in order to complete bookings made with it for your travel arrangements and/or services.
- In order to complete your booking, Hovertravel will also need to collect information about you, and others included in your group, which may need to be passed to third parties (eg, providers of travel services, etc) for the purposes of booking your travel arrangements and/or services. This may involve the transfer of information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by providing Hovertravel with this information you provide your consent (and the consent of those included in your group) to transfer such information out of the EEA. The information collected may include, but is not exclusively limited to, details such as your name, your address, your email address and telephone number (if Hovertravel needs to contact you about your booking urgently), and the same details of those in your party.
- You have the right to ask Hovertravel not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by Hovertravel. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Hovertravel’s costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.
- Hovertravel may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
|HVTCOOKIESOPTIN||Identify those accepting policy||2 years|
|__utma||Google analytics - anonymous stats||2 years|
|__utmb||Google analytics - anonymous stats||2 years|
|__utmc||Google analytics - anonymous stats||2 years|
|__utmz||Google analytics - anonymous stats||2 years|
Hovertravel operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any amendments thereto.
You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information from Hovertravel by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information Hovertravel holds about you, you may email Hovertravel at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may write to Hovertravel at Hovertravel Limited, Quay Road, Ryde, Isle of Wight PO33 2HB.