Our Hover Info Pages
NHS Healthcare Scheme
Hovertravel are pleased to introduce a new scheme to reduce the cost of travel for patients attending NHS hospital appointments in Southsea, Portsmouth
NHS Fare Type
|Return fare from Ryde to Southsea (valid for 90 days & includes FREE Hoverbus)||£10.30|
|Through ticket to St Mary's Hospital with Stagecoach||£12.65|
|Through ticket to Queen Alexandra Hospital with Stagecoach||£13.90|
Terms and Conditions
- This fare is eligible for in, out & radiotherapy patients on production of appointment letter or card for hospital only
- The fare is available for the patient + 1 (carer, friend, family, etc)
- Ticket is only to be sold for the date of appointment only
- The tickets include free travel on the Hoverbus - simply show your ticket to the Hoverbus driver to receive free travel
- The scheme cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and is not available to account customers
- Tickets cannot be purchased online
- Hovertravel & Local PCT and NHS trusts will audit applications to guard against fraudulent use
- Customers found misusing discounted tickets will incur a surcharge to the equivalent standard return fare and will be excluded from purchasing tickets under the scheme in future.
- Hovertravel reserves the right to review fares periodically and amend or withdraw this scheme at any time without prior notice.
- Travel is subject to availability and standard terms and conditions apply
Free Minibus to QA Hospital
Island patients travelling across to Portsmouth for cancer treatment can now benefit from a dedicated bus service which runs between the Hovertravel terminal at Southsea and Portsmouth Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham.
The 15 seat mini bus service is free and available for all cancer patients to use and replaces the existing taxi service that runs between the Hovercraft and the hospital. It operates weekdays from Monday to Friday and picks up from the Hovertravel Terminal, Southsea and drops off at the Queen Alexandra (QA) Hospital, Cosham. A collection/drop off from the Marriott Hotel can also be arranged.
The Isle of Wight Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has funded the purchase of the minibus and the on-going running costs will be provided by Wessex Cancer Trust.
|Southsea Pick Up Times||QA Hospital Pick Up Times|