Isle of Wight Event Categories
Walk the Wight 2017 - Walkers Pack & Discounted Travel - Isle of Wight Event - May 2017
Once you have added the £25 pack to your basket, select your flight and enter the unique promo code WTWHT17 to discount your hovercraft ticket. This promo code will allow you to travel WITH 50% off between 11th - 15th May 2017. Singles, day returns and period returns from Southsea to Ryde only.
|Event Starts||Event Ends|
|Sunday 14th May 2017 at 06:00||Sunday 14th May 2017 at 18:00|
Buy your Walk the Wight registration pack with Hovertravel and take advantage of our exclusive travel discount!
Hovertravel Walker pack and travel package - £25.00 plus 50% off travel using promocode WTWHT17*
We’ve teamed up with Earl Mountbatten Hospice to offer 50% off travel with a unique promo code when pre-booked with a Walk the Wight Pay £25 pack. Valid for single, period or day return travel from Southsea - Ryde.
You will receive your Walker pack and a Walk the Wight t shirt in a size of your choosing. Your payment of £25 includes an £18 donation to the Hospice. The remaining £7 covers the cost of the pack, t shirt and delivery.
Pack contents: Unique Walker number, event information, sponsorship form, WTW tshirt, PLUS discounted travel with Hovertravel.
Once you have bought your pack, Earl Mountbatten Hospice will email you with a link for you to confirm your registration. Your walker pack will only be sent once you have completed this step.
Walk the Wight is an iconic sponsored walk across the breadth of the Isle of Wight, organised by and in aid of Earl Mountbatten Hospice. All the money raised goes towards supporting the care of patients, their families, friends and carers at the Island’s only hospice.
This unique walk passes through areas of outstanding natural beauty, including paths otherwise closed to the public and is the only day of the year that you can walk this route in full.
There are a choice of 4 distances to suit all ages and abilities:
- The Full Walk: Bembridge to the Needles Landmark Attraction (approx 26.5 miles / 8 to 12 hours)
- The 1st Half: Bembridge to Carisbrooke (approx 12.5 miles / 4 to 6 hours)
- The 2nd Half: Carisbrooke to the Needles at Alum Bay (approx 14 miles / 5 to 8 hours)
- The Flat Walk: Sandown Bay Academy to Shide Trees, Shide (approx 8 miles / 2 to 3 hours) Suitable for robust wheelchairs and robust children’s pushchairs.
All the walks are marshalled with checkpoints, toilets and water points along the way. Refreshments are available on the Main Walk at Bembridge (start), Arreton, Carisbrooke (start/finish), Mottistone, Freshwater Bay and The Needles Landmark Attraction (finish). And on the Flat Walk at Sandown (start), Merstone and Shide (finish).
Extra Hovertravel Crossings
This year Hovertravel are operating additional crossings to ensure Mainland Walkers can attend Walk the Wight.
|Event||From Ryde||From Southsea|
|Walk the Wight
Sunday 14th May
|0600, 0630, 0700||0615, 0645, 0715|
Terms and conditions of discounted Hovertravel 50% travel
- Discounted travel is only available when purchasing a Walk the Wight pack with Hovertravel
- Maximum 5 persons per booking
- Walkers number will need to be shown at time of travel
- Non refundable and non transferable
- Discount only available for travel between 12th - 15th May 2017
- Discounted travel available for travel on singles, day returns and period return tickets
- Available for travel from Southsea to Ryde only
- Available for purchase online only with the exclusive promo code
Walk the Wight 2017 - Walkers Pack & Discounted Travel Amenities:
Bus Route: Y
Child Friendly: Y
Disabled Access: NA
Dog Friendly: Y
Rainy Day: NA
In the event of cancellations or short notice change, Hovertravel Ltd are not liable for any inconvenience this may cause. Refunds will not be permitted.
Click on an image below to view the full size version.